Monday, May 6, 2013

How to fix/repair Christian Louboutin high heels yourself DIY heel repair for CL shoes


It's been a loooong time since I've bought a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes, but back when the economy was great, I bought several pairs. They are wearing beautifully, with the single exception of the rubber/plastic heel tips on the high heels.

Ok, I've replaced heel tips on many of my heels, but on my Louboutins, the heels wore down to what looked like a screw-in tip (as oppposed to the typical nail-in type). I searched a ton to find out how to repair these, since I'm a DIY-kinda girl, but found nothing! There were a lot of "how to fix high heels" on YouTube, etc., I couldn't find one specifically for Louboutins.

So I figured, "what the heck - I'll be the guinea pig" and got out my vice grips. (Don't worry - vice grips are just locking pliers. You can use regular pliers if you don't have vice grips.)

Here's the video of me actually doing the replacement (please don't be harsh - it was either do it myself in my closet or...never, lol).




Turns out they do not screw in, they are tap-ins! BUT to get the old tips out, you have to twist and pull at the same time. You can get replacement tips online or Target (I used "Fab Feet Heel Tips" in the shoe section on one of the end-caps with the extra shoelaces). Once you get the old ones out, tap the new ones in with a hammer. That's it! Now I can wear my super-expensive CB shoes again without that click-clack from the worn out heel! :)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this tips, I hope that I can also do this on my secondhand shoes that I bought on this website http://www.boex.tv/. If you want to find a shoes that suit on your budget, you can also buy it in boex website.

    ReplyDelete